Freedom

Posted by admin June 9th, 2013

What would you do if you had the freedom to do what you wanted? Would you obtain any career that you wanted? Would you train for a particular sport without the constraint of time? Would you simply travel the world? Freedom is what we all seek, in one form or another. I seek to have the freedom of one day achieving my life goals: to have a steady career, to start a family, to live the life I have dreamed about for all of my life. Would that I have the power to grasp such magnificent sword… to obtain that which is at the tip of my fingers, yet long out of reach? It is in faith of the self where our goals spurn the fire that propels us towards achievement.

Nevaline Scarcliff is no exception. Her goal is to be out of the Amazonian Army, with her life, no matter how long it takes.

Nevaline’s friend Yesnina asks her to escape the army with her. After some mental deliberation, Nevaline gives Yesnina her answer:

“My life’s purpose now is to achieve independence, which means achieving freedom from the Amazonian military. To achieve freedom from the military, soldiers must serve out their complete engagement. In the Amazonian Code of Law, a soldier who leaves the army early is declared a fugitive. If apprehended, that soldier would spend years in Acalor Prison and then be executed by public mutilation. This means we must uphold our obligation here.”

She turned to Yesnina. “Nae, independence holds more value to me than death.” —Satchel & Sword I: The Search for the Saluka Stone.

How are you working towards your freedom?

Newer :

Older :

8 Responses

1. Jennifer says:

Great post with a fantastic question to think about!

2. Virginia says:

Freedom is the way we think. For example, positive or negative thinking, if you are a positive person then you have freedom but if you are a negative person you have no freedom, it’s that simple.
    I have freedom since the day I was born. I always said what was in my mind and fight my way to the top doing the right thing. It takes very little effort to achieve freedom but never, ever think negative.

• Claudette says:

Yes, it is all about positive thinking. But, it does take a lot of effort to achieve freedom, even to change a negative mindset into a positive one.

3. Lucía says:

That was great Claudette! Achieving permanent freedom can be a very long process, all kinds of obstacles seem to keep you from your dreams but BELEIVING and staying true to yourself will produce the results one once thought impossible to reach.

Un beso!

4. stephanie says:

Positive thinking is only half the battle…because there are always two ways to handle a situation, you must follow through with positive actions. The negative action is generally the “easier” way, at least for immediate resolution. So with conscious decisions its important to be patient. And to gain freedom in life is MUCH easier than gaining freedom from ones self. Poor decisions can haunt you forever regardless of how much personal freedom you have.

• admin says:

Well put, Stephanie! Positive thinking will definitely help as we try to change things in our lives. Yes, poor decisions do haunt us, but we all make mistakes. It is important to always want the best for ourselves. That will lead us through challenging situations. It’s hard to maintain a positive attitude, but we have to try.